Orange Money is a money transfer service that is mapped to a bank account to allow customers access financial services using their Orange mobile phone numbers. Orange Money Service is hosted on Equity Bank’s mobile banking platform which gives the customers the convenience that comes with a bank account.
- Visit any Orange or Equity outlet
- Carry your original ID
- Fill in the Orange Money Application form
- You will receive an SMS informing that your account has been set up with a 5 digit PIN
If you have an existing Equity account, you do not need to open a new one to access Orange Money – you can just link your existing account to Orange Money. If you are a new customer, then the registration process is quick and easy – you just fill a one page form, either provide two photos or have an agent take your photo. Your application will be sent to a central processing centre and once successful you will receive an SMS with your 5-digit PIN.
- Access to money transfer services through your mobile phone
- Mobile money transfer facilitated directly from a bank account
- Access to financial services through over Equity Branches, Orange Shops and Orange Money Agents
- Access to mobile money transfer through over 550 Equity Bank ATMs
- Access to Orange Money debit card to pay for goods and services at shopping outlets
- Free registration
- Access to credit facilities on application
- Interest earning account
- No minimum operating balance
- Cash deposits into your account at no charge
- The standard bank withdrawal limits apply
Orange Money Services
Orange Money allows customers to access the following services:
- Deposit money
- Deposit money into your Orange Money account through an Equity Branch, Orange Shop or Orange Money Agent.
- Send Money
- Send money to registered Orange Money Customers.
- Send Money to non- registered Orange customers from other mobile phone service providers including Zain, Safaricom and Yu.
- Send money from a Equity bank account
- Send money to an account in another bank
- Withdraw Money
- Withdraw money as a registered customer from an Equity branch, Orange Shop or Orange Agent
- Withdraw money as a non registered customer from an Equity branch, Orange Shop or Orange Agent.
- Withdraw money from an Equity ATM using a one-time code.
- Withdraw money using an Orange Money debit card.
- Make Purchases
- Purchase airtime from your bank account or through the ATM.
- Purchase airtime for your phone or another Orange subscriber.
- Purchase between 10/= and 10,000/= worth of airtime.
- Purchase goods and services at select outlets using the Orange Money debit cards
- Pay Bills
- Pay bills for Orange services, electricity, water, HELB and DSTV.
- Request for bills.
- Manage Payrolls
- Pay your employees through the Payroll services
- Repay loans
- Make your loan payments through your phone
- More Requests and Enquiries
- Enquiries in the account.
- Account balances
- Mini statements
- Current Forex Rates
- Current Stock prices
- Requests in the account
- Full statements
- New cheque book
- Stop a cheque
- Stop a card
- Request for Money from a friend
- Invite a friend to register for Orange Money
- Account Maintenance
- Enquiries in the account.
- Change Orange Money PIN
More details and clarifications
Call the Orange Money Contact Centre on 1434 from your from the Orange line or 020-2221434 from any other network and ask for clarification.
Or see FAQs : http://wp.me/pBcbh-81