To open your own account, you will need the following:
- A copy of your national identity card or passport.
- A copy of your Personal Identification Number (PIN) certificate.
- Corporate customers should provide a copy of their Personal Identification Number (PIN) and Certificate of Incorporation.
- Proof of ownership of property or tenancy.
- A copy of the lease agreement or title deed, or a signed letter of tenancy form your landlord with a copy of his/her identity card.
- If you have previously had an account with KPLC, please provide the account number.
Fill the supply contract form. Return it, together with a route sketch map and the required documents, to the KPLC commercial office closest to your premises.
You will be required to pay a deposit, which is determined by your expected consumption and tariff category. Customers who require large amounts of electricity may provide a banker’s guarantee in lieu of the account deposit.
You will be assigned an account number. Please refer to it when paying bills, making enquiries or reporting a fault to our emergency offices.
NOTE: All payments should be made at an authorised KPLC pay-point and an official receipt obtained for the full amount paid.
They will visit your premises to connect power supply.